Welcome to The Great South Western Adventure blog page. These entries were written between September 17th and October 5th, 2009 while my wife and I took a motorhome from Dallas, Texas to San Francisco, California, in order to sample the Great South West of the United States of America; a journey of over 3000 miles and 10 times that in calories. All the pictures should now allow you to click through to their corresponding Flickr page so you can see them in full size, if you so desire.As it’s a blog the entries are displayed in reverse order (the earliest at the bottom, the latest at the top) so, if you want to read it in order, you can scroll down to the bottom and work your way up the page or click here and use the blog navigation links at the bottom of the post.
If you just want a quick summary of whether you should contemplate a trip like this? That’s simple: yes.
- The Great South Western Road Trip of USA: Day 1
- TGSWRT: Day 2 – Denton
- TGSWRT: Day 3 – This is the way to Amarillo
- TGSWRT: Days 4 & 5 – New Mexico and rest.
- TGSWRT: Day Six – My God, it’s full of carbs
- TGSWRT: Day Seven & Eight – Arizona
- TGSWRT: Days 9, 10 & 11 – Canyons and Valleys (part one)
- TGSWRT: Days 12 & 13 – Canyons and Valleys (part deux)
- TGSWRT: Day 14 & 15 – ‘Vegas and beyond
- TGSWRT: Days 17, 18 & 19 – Forests
- TGSWRT: The End of Days – San Francisco
- TGSWRT: The round up